Friday, August 29, 2008

time flies

I can't believe how fast time flies. My baby is not a baby anymore. I wanted to jot down a few of the things she is doing now. Although she is now almost 20 months we have yet to make it to our 18 month check up. Since we have fortunately been healthy for the past few weeks I hated to make an unnecessary trip. Anyway, I'm not sure how much she weighs or how tall she is but I do know what funny things she can do. She has become quite the climber anymore. We went to bounce-u this week for a play date with some other mommies and she had a blast. By the end she was trekking up that slide with very little assistance and would have gone it down by herself had I let her. We are finally starting to add some words to our vocabulary. Up until now she has attempted to repeat very little and we only had a handful of words she used on a regular basis. But after several weeks of speech therapy we are making attempts to repeat just about everything. Our favorite new word(s) are Oh-no. We're still working on pronunciation. Some words sound like they should and others not so much. Still a great sleeper 9 to 9 with a 2 -3 hour nap every afternoon. Still a little on the picky side when it comes to eating. We pretty much stick to our peas, carrots, cheese, and yogurt with variations of those thrown in. Meal time can be very exhausting most days. She still likes to throw food on the floor , no matter how many times we get in trouble. She is getting quite adept with the spoon and fork. Yesterday I allowed her to feed herself her morning yogurt. She was doing quite well so I left the room briefly at which point she thought it would be faster to use her hands I guess. What a mess! This is probably boring to most of you but this is my way of not forgetting all the fun things my munchkin is up too. I know I don't get around to updating this very often but if I'm really just keeping account for myself anyway and for those who relish peeking into the lives of others, have at it.

No comments: